Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Drum sample layering

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

I've been trying to step up my drum programming game generally so as a result of being in this area I have tried to seriously engage with the layering function.

Ill do something like load up a standard 909 Kit and layer it with a dirty version of itself in OSC2 of each sample.
what I've come across is the use of transposing samples at the OSC level to make the sound more cohesive, speeding up samples to only fill the body/tone that I feel might be missing, or slowing samples down to add tail. Editing start points to remove transients is pretty useful. mapping the level of an OSC to an envelope is pretty good.
Other things I am currently experimenting with is setting attack, decay, pitch to a free running LFO at low intensity for light variance.

How much are you all using this functionality? what's your experience?

A few things I feel could make this better:

• Phase adjustment parameter
  • finer parameter resolution specifically when in the mod matrix or FX
  • perhaps being able to send only one OSC to the FX rather than both.
  • crossfade points per sample to fight clicks

Let me know what you all think.

Comments

TsapioTsapio San RafaelBeta Tester Posts: 21

Just shipped my Deluge off for the OLED upgrade. Trying this the moment it’s back. Thank you!

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

@Tsapio said:
    Just shipped my Deluge off for the OLED upgrade. Trying this the moment it’s back. Thank you!

I was inspired to dig into this area more because of this video. perhaps the randomizer for things like volume is much better than some of my own workings