Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Solved: Delay rate noticeably different - normal playback vs resampling

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
edited November 2022 in Deluge Help

A very peculiar change to the sound. I started with that magic onboard sitar-like sound 170 and basically, increased the rate of delay to something that feels like 1/32 for nice trills and increased wet which is 0 in the preset.
The preset version is now saved as 170d, I have created a song in arrangement and it plays back as expected, but the moment I try to resample the delay rate changes to slower. If during playback I deactivate resample-record as the instrument plays, the trill comes back...

Trying to narrow down, I have checked earlier saves of the project, tried resampling just this clip playing in song mode, broadening the search, I deleted non-existent delay rate automation, and this persists, fully replicable.

Has anyone come across anything similar?

I am on 4.0.1.

As you can imagine, song being ready, slower trill is not an option, so I might need to use an external sampler for these notes for the time being.

Post edited by TOTAL on

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Are you monitoring in mono? Resampling forces the Deluge to render in stereo, and if you're only hearing the left channel and your delay is ping-pong, you'll only hear half of it.

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

I am because I use the onboard speaker. As you expected this was the reason.
    So the recorded sample sounds as it should (in mono that is). Many thanks.