Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

on using the matrix as a low resolution display

poldensteinpoldenstein italyBeta Tester Posts: 43

Hi to all and apologies if it has been discussed elsewhere.
the first application that would come to mind is to display a rough waveform for setting sample start/end points, but it could be used also for many other graphical apps as an aid to the leds when menu diving, or even to display text. that would put to silence those that complain that the deluge should have a proper display..

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yeah, this has been suggested and requested a number of times :) And I think it will manifest eventually

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Great idea, did escape my attention so far.
    That magical led rgb matrix should definetely get more UI love :smile:

Waveform display: 128 „pixel“ seems crazy for me, cant imagine adjusting fractions of milliseconds in a 10s sample.. maybe I would love it when we get it, just seems impossible.I like working with the numerical display, I go more by ear than by eye. Also used to do this because of Roland samplers, it is quick to eg. tighten a loop once u are used to it.
    Stuff like drawing lfo shapes, envelopes or waveshaping would be massive of course.

Poldenstein, u mention some other stuff, more interested in that. For example displaying text. Could help a lot when browsing the sd card. 4 characters are a workable limit, drains precious memory from my internal cpu (my brain) though :smile:

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.