Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Insufficient ram message at start up

I bought a new OLED Deluge about a month ago. I loaded up my 20GB sample collection last night and now I get an "insufficent ram" message when I turn on my Deluge. I never had any issues like this on my numeric display Deluge. It took a couple of seconds to load the samples, but never had any issues like the insufficent ram message. Anybody else have this issue? If so, any tips to get around this issue? Thanks in advance...

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 609

i believe some fixes have been made with how samples or presets were loaded into OLED deluges. do you have the latest OLED firmware? (currently 4.1.2-OLED, found here: https://synthstrom.com/product/deluge/#downloads)
    if you have the latest firmware and the issue persists, you may have to wait for the next update addressing OLED issues.

in the meantime, i think this RAM issue may occur when the a large amount of samples are in a folder loosely (eg. 100's of .wav files in one folder rather than separated into different folders). is that possibly the case for you? did you place all your samples in the SAMPLES folder?

HydeWithBleachHydeWithBleach Chicago, IL USAPosts: 2

Thanks for the help, turns out I was an idiot and copied the samples three times to the SD card. Once I cleared out the duplicates, things started behaving properly. Thanks again for the help!