Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

HP vs LP vs EQ

Is there a silent way to tell which filter is currently selected for gold knobs? I would have expected pressing the filter/fm button would make type of filter show for a second on the screen. Pressing the button might actually do that regardless of whether filter has already been selected or is just being selected.

Tagged:

Comments

hermansmasherhermansmasher AustriaPosts: 26

Yeah, would be nice if it would flash up quickly when pressing the filter button. A workaround would be pressing the top gold knob = scrolling through the filter types. This way it flashes up which type is currently set up on the knobs

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

if you currently have the cutoff/fm & res/fm parameter button lit up, what @hermansmasher suggests can work. just know that when you click the knob it will already have cycled to the next filter type, so in practice you would have to press it 3 times to go back to the original filter it was set to.

i wholeheartedly agree that when pressing different parameter buttons it should say what the gold knobs are mapped to. maybe that means it only shows what the top knob is set to, and shift press says what the bottom is. or it could just flash the parameter name on screen when you begin to turn a gold knob.

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

Yes, using shift sounds good. Else, although restricted to filters, maybe the percentage lights might ascend for lo pass and descend for hi pass although this would not help distinguish with filters fully open, and there's still the third filter.

In any case,cycling to check begs for substitution, non oled though.
    Still, i love this tactile non oled concept to pieces, and designers have shown they are capable.