Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Mod rate/depth golden knobs in synth clips

macMOEmacMOE germanyPosts: 16

Hi, this might be a stupid question, but i am very confused as to what the golden knobs labeled "mod rate" and "depth" actually do.
When i use an Init-synth and have mod-fx turned off, it seems to be like a simple pitch modulation. But that is not what the manual says.
When Mod-FX are turned on the golden knobs don't change their rate and depth/feedback like the manual says but it rather layers the mod-fx with this pitch-modulation.
Did i miss something or do i misinterpret what the manual states.

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

The mod fx are only the default when controlling affect entire kit or song. Kit rows and synths by default have mod rate/depth control vibrato amount and its rate (controlled by LFO1).
    Of course you can reassign the synth or kit row controls to be the mod fx or whatever you like by going to that shortcut and holding learn and turning the gold knob you want it assigned to.

Answers

macMOEmacMOE germanyPosts: 16
    edited October 2022

Ok, that makes sense.
    So i did miss something AND misinterpreted the rest.
    I just assumend it would be the same in synth clips.
    But then again, the manual could be clearer about these two golden knobs controlling vibrato.
    Thanks

Post edited by macMOE on