Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio in question

Can I use the deluge to process live vocals? I want to use the deluge to accompany me as a backing track. I play guitar and sing, deluge does bass, drums and maybe some bloopy sounds. I'd like to use the line in on the deluge for vocals and be able to add effects or vocoder depending on the part of a song. Is that doable?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

you can make an audio clip with monitoring on so the audio (your mic) will always play through the deluge. you can add FX and adjust as needed. however there is no vocoder FX. you'll be limited to chorus, phaser, reverb, delay, bitcrush, decimator, and saturator.
    as far as toggling vocal FX depending on the part of the song, there may be a way but it might take a lot of fast actions to work seamlessly.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Reza’s suggestion is a good option, especially if you plan to record your vocals to an audio clip.

If only for live use, another possibility is using an oscillator in a kit or synth set to IN and sequencing a long drone note. This adds the ability to use LFOs to modulate volume, pitch out effects. And you can duplicate the clip to have other FX settings and switch between the clips for different sections.

jksjks Posts: 2

Hey thanks all, Too_Mere's solution worked for what I want.