Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is my Deluge defective or is this normal?

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29

I just noticed something weird and now I am a bit worried that my Deluge is kicking the bucket. So if anyone could check if their deluge behaves the same way I would really appreciate it.

Turn down the brightness of your deluge (Shift+Learn+Turn Up/Down Encoder)
Place a white track in Song mode that fills a whole row white.
Now place a colored Clip somewhere in a row above or below it (for best effect with an empty row between them). Do you notice any changes in brightness of the white LEDs? On my Deluge the White LEDs get dimmer if a colored LED is lit up in a row above or below them. It's not dramatic but noticeable and now I am worried that my Unit is giving up the Ghost.

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

for me, adding colored rows above/below/or with an empty row between the white clip and the colored row, the white clip's tail will actually get brighter slightly. if the colored row is changed to a white clip (so a white clip affecting a white clip), then no brightness adjustments occur.

you say you're get's dimmer. honestly, i find that the pad lights sometimes behave in unexpected but subtle ways. and funkier things are more noticeable when brightness is adjusted down.

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29
    edited October 2022

Oh sorry, I misspoke - I meant brighter. Thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not just my unit having a weird fault. You can notice it too in a kit with shortened rows. If you adjust the color of a row the white rows start to flicker a bit. However it's no big deal.

Post edited by nebtug on