Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi files on the Deluge

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

You can't load a midi file directly into a deluge, can you? You have to play the midi file on another instrument and record the midi in using learn/record, right?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

That’s correct

heavy sigh
    THanks TM.

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

This midian-tool still works although it is probably not developed further. Too bad.

Import a midi file, click +song to add tracks, when done, click download.

Copy the file to the deluge SD card, put it back into the deluge. Load song.

Then on the deluge assign a synth or kit to the tracks since they are midi.

Done.

http://www.fentonia.com/catnip/midianbeta/

THanks Wolf, that's the kind of program I have been looking for., Haven't gotten it to work yet, though. I've uploaded the midi file, downloaded the song xml file, and there is data in the song file, but no sound [;ays and no keys light up when I load it on the deluge and play it.

Oh yay! Got it working! This might help speed up some things, mayyybe..
    Thanks again, Wolf. I wonder if the guy who wrote it is willing to share the source? I just want to say 'here's a mid file, spit out a deluge file', without having to highlight the whole file.

Source code may be on:
    https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of java script.

Unfortunately not very reliable with the new firmware. I can load a converted song, change the MIDI tracks to synth or drum tracks and modify or play for hours. But unfortunately the deluge often hangs when I want to save it again. This is a pity, because the tool saves a lot of work. Hopefully there will be an update sometime. :/

I hear you. Spent the last few days trying to get it to work reliably and cleanly, but failed miserably.
    I happen to be a software developer, I can maybe find a way to do it myself if Ian or someone at Deluge can get me a little documentation on the deluge file format...

AeonHorusAeonHorus ChinaPosts: 3

Tcht!
    $1400 and you can't drag a midi file....
    I do love my Deluge but these little niggles don't half make my blood boil for a top tier sampler / Groovebox / Synth engine.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

@AeonHorus said:
    Tcht!
    $1400 and you can't drag a midi file....
    I do love my Deluge but these little niggles don't half make my blood boil for a top tier sampler / Groovebox / Synth engine.

there's a 3rd party app that allows something like this, mac only