Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording midi notes in

BobbiPeruBobbiPeru Oakland, CAPosts: 22

I’m on a Roland Aira J6 that has some cool chord progression and arpegiator functions. I’ve set it up so the Deluge will play in sync to the J6, and I know the notes are going into the Deluge (on a synth track). But the Deluge is not recording the notes. Have I missed an important setting?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Can you please detail more of the steps you are taking to record notes from the Roland? Are you learning the synth clip to the Roland? Pressing record then play? And is this over MIDI DIN or USB?

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I can't seem to record midi in on the deluge at all. I can sequence fine but when i hit record and play the keyboard on the synth ( I've tried 3 ) the midi signals don't get recorded on the deluge.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

double check that the synth clip you are trying to record into is not muted in song view (should be lit green in song view). if it isn't muted and it's still not recording then something else is going on.

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

Definitely not muted, it's the only clip in the song;)
    I've tred three different externals synths, bot with usb and 5-pin cabling, with no luck...