Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Moving or deleting rows in a kit only affects the clip, not the kit or other clips.

rogerroger Baltimore, MDPosts: 8

This bug - or feature, hard to tell - leads to points of confusion:

• The kit that is saved doesn't match any changes you've made to relevant row(s).
  • The deleted or moved row(s) only affect the clip that was current when the deletions or moved were done.
  • Other changes (such as sample assignment) you make on the clip where row(s) have been deleted or moved don't affect other clips using the same kit.

@postsolarpunk confirmed the behavior on Discord:

[4:27 PM]postsolarpunk (he/him): loaded up a kit, made a pattern, duplicated the clip to a new group, swapped the snare sample on clip 2 and clip 1 also swapped
[4:29 PM]inkajoo: So I have 3 clips with the same kit (which I verified by changing the kit on any of them, changes them all).  I deleted a row on clip 3, it affected clip 2 but not clip 1.
[4:30 PM]inkajoo: Similarly, previously a row kept reassigning itself to a different sample.
[4:30 PM]inkajoo: Either the 808 ride or shaker, which I was using before but had replaced.
[4:30 PM]inkajoo: but only on one or two of the clips.
[4:30 PM]postsolarpunk (he/him): [audition pad] + [mute pad] then :vturn: moves rows around in the kit
looks like moving rows around doesn't transfer to duplicated clips tho
[4:30 PM]inkajoo: That may have been part of the cause.
[4:30 PM]postsolarpunk (he/him): hmmm I'll give it a go
[4:30 PM]inkajoo: I remember reordering things
[4:39 PM]postsolarpunk (he/him): looks like deleting a kit row doesn't carry over to other clips
row order, and what rows exist for a preset seem to be clip independent 
[4:47 PM]inkajoo: That seems problematic
[4:48 PM]inkajoo: You'd expect it to affect all clips and be saved with the kit
[4:50 PM]inkajoo: I could see it being by design, or a bug.  Hard to say
[4:54 PM]inkajoo: My guess would be it's on purpose to allow you to use different sounds from the same kit on different clips and yet keep everything on grid. 
[4:58 PM]inkajoo: The manual doesn't say anything about it.
[4:58 PM]postsolarpunk (he/him): manual's sparse on what's carried over between clips when duplicating seems