Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording midi automation workflow / "reset" external synth

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29
edited September 2022 in Deluge Help

How do I "reset" an external synth after I recorded CC automation to a midi clip?

I have sequenced an external synth with a midi clip. I placed it in arranger view, turned it to a white instance and then recorded CC automation to it. For example I record a filter sweep or other automation to fade it out.

So when I want to bring the synth back after the chorus the settings of the external synth are still where the first clip left off (so f.e. the filter + reverb is still cranked up). Even when I place a fresh instance of the clip without recorded automation. It's because the external synth just has not received any CC Changes since the first clip has stopped.

What's a good way to "reset" the synth so I can avoid weird cuts/sudden jumps when recording automation in midi clips?
Right now I place another white instance of the clip without any notes and just record automation to it to "reset" it's values to what the next Clip starts with. This feels a bit like a 'hacky' workaround though and is a quite tedious and not that exact to be honest. Is there a deluge workflow step or midi trick that I'm not aware of?

Post edited by nebtug on
Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not positive this would work, but you could try putting prgm change message in the next clip to reset the synth to the preset value.

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29
    edited September 2022

Thanks for the reply! I actually came to the same conclusion. It actually works but you have to duplicate the preset and switch from one to the other with the program change. So the synth switches between two presets that are identical resetting itself doing so.

PS.: Also thank you Too_Mere for always replying to my weird questions.

Post edited by nebtug on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Haha no problem :smile: