Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Change of OLED retrofit launch plans

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited September 2022 in News

Ok. Back to the drawing board. This plan didn't work.

Even if I manage to get back in, I'm not going to take sales from today for it as unfair to those who tried already.

We're not even doing these till November, so we'll take a few days to work out how to get this queue working better.

I'm sorry to everyone who set alarms and has done irreparable damage to their refresh finger.

We'll make an announcement of a new roll out, and try to cause less panic next time, cos there is no need to panic.

We'll be offering this service for the foreseeable, just obviously we know many are going to want as soon as possible. I will structure a better system with more explanation of the various processes.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

GKRGYGKRGY Posts: 14

@Ian_Jorgensen shit happens :)

SA are doing all the right things! It is incredible the level of careness and support you have for us and for your crown jewel product! SA is the perfect (boutique or not) company in my books! Deluge is THE desert island synth.

Since I'm unemployed and penniless, I would like to ask please: if I don't get my Deluge retrofitted now, would it be possible months down the line?

Please and thank you

maybe a lottery or raffle style draw could be a fair way to select who to take sales from?

oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

@core44 said:
    maybe a lottery or raffle style draw could be a fair way to select who to take sales from?

..or a pie eating contest

semarsemar Posts: 31
    edited September 2022

@Ian_Jorgensen
    Just an idea, what's about changing the internal firmware and add the ability to the deluge to send text informations over the usb port, that an external small (oled or other) monitor will show ?

You save lot of hassle with expeditions, tax duty, and costs for installations. And costs for the users.
    The new users will receive a deluge wih the integrated oled monitor.
    The old users, with a small technical effort, can indeed improve the "old" deluge with an external display.

Think about that.

Post edited by semar on
    NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

How about going by serial no. of the deluge, earliest first? As fair as anything...plus I bought mine in 2018..so...maybe vested interest :-)

greggreg OK, USAPosts: 2

@semar said:
    @Ian_Jorgensen
    Just an idea, what's about changing the internal firmware and add the ability to the deluge to send text informations over the usb port, that an external small (oled or other) monitor will show ?

Esp for those of us with old eyes!

Overall its a fantastic upgrade, astounding really.

re: order: I'd be glad for a system like:

1) put deposit down, go into "pile"

2) based on location (I'm in US) get warning "you are now going into queue, send unit w/full pmt please!"

3) unit comes in, work gets done

Overall, we'll all survive until the screens get done. Its a long haul thing and it'll work.

Kudos for supporting us!

taktak Posts: 31

@NRuck said:
    How about going by serial no. of the deluge, earliest first? As fair as anything...plus I bought mine in 2018..so...maybe vested interest :-)

I do not really have that vested interest so it would probably not be in my favour, but regardless I think something along these lines is how I would approach it as well. I'd say original purchasers in order of serial number, and then non-original purchasers after that without respect to serial number (i.e. random, fcfs, or alternative).

But given workload, probably easier just to do it by tranches according to serial number as long as full payment is received by X date.

That said, whatever Synthstrom decides is wonderful. They didn't have to offer this, are taking on additional workload and so forth, so I will be more than happy with whatever method they decide.

IofflightIofflight United StatesPosts: 4

@greg said:

@semar said:
    @Ian_Jorgensen

Esp for those of us with old eyes!

Overall its a fantastic upgrade, astounding really.

you aren't kidding my eyes blew a few years ago and reading that font was killing me. I had to get an overlay. It was rather depressing really because I so wanted this to gel. I think the new screen is truly necessary with all the added functionality. Thanks so much all!

SammySammy DurnessPosts: 10

It would be nice, if when sending your Deluge, to allow people that have hard cases for their Deluge, will be able to use them for sending it. Much better protection than a cardboard box alone IMHO.