Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

recording midi and audio simultaniously into DAW.

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35

Hi.

I am trying to record midi and audio at the same time for each clip in order to copy over a song into my DAW.

Right now my workflow:
I am diving into clip view, set it to MIDI and let the midi notes record into my DAW.
Then I set it back to "synth" or "kit" and record the audio part.

So basically, as soon as I set it to "midi" the Deluge is not sending any audio signal anymore. Is there a way to let the audio signal through, even when set to midi? Or maybe the other way around that its also sending midi when it set to synth or kit?

Or what would be in general the best workflow to get your song into a daw with audio and midi?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
    edited August 2022

Oh and I am sorry, a follow up question. Everytime I am in sync with the Deluge and I hit record, its messing up the audio and midi for the first 1second. It sounds like fast forward playing as it couldn`t catch up straight away with midi and audio when hitting record.
    Is there a solution for that? (I am using Studio One)

Post edited by janbert on
    abberomabberom FrancePosts: 2

@janbert said:
    Oh and I am sorry, a follow up question. Everytime I am in sync with the Deluge and I hit record, its messing up the audio and midi for the first 1second. It sounds like fast forward playing as it couldn`t catch up straight away with midi and audio when hitting record.
    Is there a solution for that? (I am using Studio One)

I have exactly the same problem with Cubasis 3.0 and Cubase 12. Particularly if there’s some effects applied on the track.