β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Solo sound (row) not working

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

Using latest OS 4.0.1. Pressing (<>) then the mute/launch pad of the sound I want to mute and nothing happens- no solo, no blue light. Mute works fine, but I can't solo anything? Anyone else?

Thanks.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

doing this in a KIT maybe? works only in song and arranger.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    doing this in a KIT maybe? works only in song and arranger.

Ohhhh, I thought we could solo sounds while working on clips before we get to arranging like a mixer has mute and solo for each channel (sound/track). Be nice to have that feature.
    Thanks for the reply:)

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

It has, just only not in a kit clip, you are referring to soloing clips in song mode?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

edited August 2022

I'm working on a 4 bar clip in KIT mode and my kit consists of sectioned_ strings [3 rows] and drums [6 rows]- each row being a single sample (stereo or mono). There are times when I want to solo, say a kick drum but I can only mute sounds (samples) in the KIT clip rows. We can't solo individual rows (sampled sounds) in KIT mode...seems like an odd omission to me, then again I'm more familiar with the MPC workflow which allows you to solo individual sounds.
    Also, Is there a way to lower a sample's volume while browsing a folder-without using the main volume knob? Many samples are louder than others and with headphones on we could seriously wreck our ears. I noticed that I can't audition browser sounds while the song is playing. It would be cool if we could control sample volume and pitch while browsing and having our WIP song playing back to listen to results in real time-I guess that's a stretch to think it could be implemented. It would require a digital limiter I think and not sure how pitch control could be added lol, just an idea.
    Oh, another thing I can't seem to figure out (probably missed it in the manual) is how to copy a row to another row. Say for instance I have a sample on a row in KIT mode. I want to copy that sample to an empty row or overwrite (paste) a row. It seems I can only copy an entire clip view...am I right? Like I said, I could have missed it in the manual.
    Anyway, just some thoughts I had. I love deluge for just coming up with happy accidents - it's a wicked sketch pad.

Post edited by GameDude on