Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can Deluge send "Snapshot" MIDI commands to Line 6 Helix?

Hello everyone!

I'm putting together a rig for live performance which incorporates my Deluge as well as a Line 6 Helix.

• I'm hoping there is a way for my Deluge to send automated commands via MIDI that can switch the "snapshots" on my Helix in real time as each song progresses. Anyone have any experience doing this, or know if it is possible?

Some other things I'm also hoping to do (these lean more towards "Helix" questions but I'll add them here just in case anyone knows the answer)

• Is it possible for the Helix to send "Play/stop" commands to the Deluge over MIDI by using one of the assignable footswitches?

• Can the Helix send commands to load different songs in the Deluge?

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

jsilencejsilence GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 27
    edited July 2022

Sending play/stop and clock to the Deluge should be possible if the Helix supports sending these Midi commands. Not sure about sending a command to load the next song.

Post edited by jsilence on
    chriseskowchriseskow Posts: 4
    edited August 2022

I have an HX Stomp, which has similar if not the same MIDI capabilities as the Helix, but YMMV...

• I'm hoping there is a way for my Deluge to send automated commands via MIDI that can switch the "snapshots" on my Helix in real time as each song progresses. Anyone have any experience doing this, or know if it is possible?

This can be accomplished by sending a CC#69 message to the Helix. Values 0-7 select snapshots 1-8, and values 8 and 9 select the next and previous snapshot, respectively. To transmit this from the Deluge, create a MIDI track with the appropriate MIDI channel and assign one of the gold knobs to CC#69 by holding it down and turning the Select knob. Then hold down a note in the grid and turn the gold knob to your desired value (0-9 as explained above). When the Deluge's playhead hits that note, it will switch snapshots. You can sequence this as you would any other track in your song. I don't think the Helix responds to MIDI notes by default, so the actual note you press shouldn't matter.

• Is it possible for the Helix to send "Play/stop" commands to the Deluge over MIDI by using one of the assignable footswitches?

Yes, assign the Helix footswitch to send a MIDI note (must be a note, CCs won't work). Then on the Deluge, go to global settings via Shift+Select and navigate to MIDI -> CMD -> PLAY -> SET. Hit the footswitch to send the note, and the Deluge should "learn" the note and start/stop itself each time you press it.

• Can the Helix send commands to load different songs in the Deluge?

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible.

Post edited by chriseskow on