β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

line in from dj controller and play drum patterns?

kabadesukabadesu Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 9

I don't know what the correct way to explain what I'd like to do.

I'd like to mix on a controller (which i haven't got yet) send a line into deluge that outputs live audio from the controller, but then also be able to pay a drum pattern ontop of it - all without an extra external mixer.

Is this possible?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

You gonna need something to sync the two. This is usually midi. Does the dj controller have midi in/out?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

kabadesukabadesu Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 9
    edited July 2022

I was thinking that i could just set the tempo on the deluge to match whatever the tempo is in the tracks I'm mixing with. It wouldn't be automatic but I'm okay-ish at beat matching.

The main thing in trying to understand is whether the deluge is able to mix an external signal with what's playing on the deluge.

One controller I was considering is the Hercules Inpulse 500 which already has aux in with a filter - so that's easy enough.

But, it seems like a pioneer ddj 400 might be better from an effects and software point of view - no aux in there, hence this question to see whether the deluge could work in this way.

Post edited by kabadesu on
    HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Sure. Set up a new audio clip, set input to "stereo" and adjust volume / filter / fx to taste. This will run next to your drum track.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@Heptagen said:
    Sure. Set up a new audio clip, set input to "stereo" and adjust volume / filter / fx to taste. This will run next to your drum track.

Stereo with the dot on the end will include monitoring, allowing the signal to pass thru.