Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI CC Note Assignment per MIDI Clip Row?

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

Is it possible to assign a specific MIDI CC Note value per MIDI Clip Row? The purpose of this would be to trigger specific drum sounds on external gear/DAW. Finally, if this is not possible, is there a default MIDI CC Note setting per MIDI Clip Row?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I’m not sure what you mean by “MIDI CC note”. I don’t believe kit rows can send CC values. But it can send MIDI notes.

Just hold the audition pad and press MIDI. While still holding the audition pad, turn the lower gold knob to set the desired MIDI channel, and the upper gold knob will select the MIDI note to send (expressed by a number).

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, but I know on most drum machines in a DAW allow you to map each drum element to a specific MIDI CC value from 0-127 within the same channel (i.e. clap to MIDI CC 23). Is this possible with Deluge?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think those values 0-127 are notes, not CC. CC 23, for example can send values 0-127 to control parameters. CC are not used to trigger drums in any configuration I’m aware of.

The process I explained above should work for what you explained, yes.