Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Setting perfect sample end point. What’s your trick?

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 70

Is there a way to play just from the beginning of the page at given magnification level when in waveform view? I’m trying to avoid having to play entire sample just to check if its end point is set correctly and that it loops smoothly. If it is not possible, what has been your trick to speed up the end point adjustment?

Comments

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Cheap trick: set your green start marker close to the end. After adjusting the red end marker, put the start back to where it was.

@jensg said:
    Cheap trick: set your green start marker close to the end. After adjusting the red end marker, put the start back to where it was.

Ah, yeah, thanks. Sorry to be picky but was hoping for something better, haha.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Cheap, as I said :-)

I still appreciate the suggestion. I’m really hoping to find the trick.

cube48cube48 EUBeta Tester Posts: 24

Kinda late but following to this topic ... I always start setting loop points while triggering high register notes of the sample - it plays faster so you don't have to wait that long for sample to play through and I can hear any loop clicks better in high pitched tones.

I guess you are talking about a situation when the sample is loaded into synth? This wouldn’t be as straightforward when loading into a kit.

Also, isn’t ability to hear if the loop is precise diminished by speeding the sample up?

@cube48 said:
    Kinda late but following to this topic ... I always start setting loop points while triggering high register notes of the sample - it plays faster so you don't have to wait that long for sample to play through and I can hear any loop clicks better in high pitched tones.