Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

In kit, in "edit sample start point"mode, hitting a pad, and instantly switching to that row

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Hello, impatient person here!

I often create a kit quickly by sampling a bunch of hits, one row after another, from line or mic input, in kit mode, by holding audition and pressing record. It's GREAT.

But but but: then I usually want to cut the silence off at the beginning.

I do this by hitting audition then hitting "shift (1,1)" (top left pad). That's great, fun, fast, fab.

BUT BUT BUT! When I want to then edit off the silence from the next row down, I have palaver: press Back to come out, then hit audition, then hit "shift (1,1)" again.

Is there a way to just hit the next row's audition pad and have the Deluge assume that you want the previous rows's edit mode to persist with the new row?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You cannot go straight from one row’s waveform view to another without backing out of it. But I think I can save you a few presses based on what you said.
    Instead of pressing shift, you can simply hold the audition pad of the desired row and press the waveform shortcut. Then to exit waveform view for the row you can press any mute launch pad. Those can be a more convenient way to exit from menus, especially in this case when going from row to row.

Hope that helps!

That's perfect thank you!

Did I blink and miss that somewhere in the manual? It's great!

And works for any parameter obvs. Cheers!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Happy to help! 👍🏼