Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Kit Maker / Preset Maker

alive555alive555 ThailandBeta Tester Posts: 18

anyone used either of these and care to comment if they are any good?

thx

Comments

elgraysoelgrayso Posts: 2
    edited June 2022

Hi!
    I am biased as I am a co-creator of those apps, but to me they are extremely useful for the Deluge. Kit Maker turns drum sample packs or Maschine expansions into Deluge drum kits instantly, all organized and ready to load in the Deluge. (It also make kit presets for Ableton, MPC, Beatmaker and more).
    This is great for someone like me who has a lot of sample packs and likes having a variety of kits, but doesnt want to spend the effort making them by hand.

Preset Maker is the same idea, but for instruments. It can take multi sample files, turn them into multi samplers for the deluge, as well as organize and name them for you. The Deluge already has some multi-sampler preset creation abilities, but Preset Maker does it all really quickly on the computer and names them after the instruments.

The apps were made before the recent Deluge firmware update, so the presets are not organized into subfolders (since this was not yet allowed on Deluge). We will have our Deluge presets organized into folders in a future update, but for now feel free to move the preset xml files into folders as you wish, or even rename them.

Hope that helps inform your decision :)
    -Grayson

Kit Maker (Deluge page)
    https://www.kit-maker.com/deluge-drum-kits-synthstrom/

Preset Maker
    https://www.kit-maker.com/presetmaker/

Post edited by elgrayso on
    BertoBerto GermanyPosts: 18

I use both ……
    Very nice apps. and lovely customer care…….

chermscherms usaBeta Tester Posts: 1

Combined with loading from folders (choose synth or kit, shift+load) these 2 progs made an enormous difference for me, I would def recommend. It turned a bunch of MPC and NI expansions into sets I can use in more HW, which is cool because working the same samples on different platforms highlights the differences in capability and workflow.

uberhausuberhaus San FranciscoPosts: 4

@elgrayso

I just picked up both Kit Maker and Preset Maker. Mostly very happy to be able to convert NI Expansions, but ran into a couple issues with Preset Maker.

(1) All the One Shot conversions are transposed 2 semitones up for some reason. I've checked across multiple conversions and it seems to be a bug. I'm using version 1.2.

(2) This isn't much of a bug, just a curiosity, but how come there isn't an option to just convert the One Shot samples folder for folder VS having to do name mapping? Alternatively, when will we have the option via the UI to do more mappings? I've been editing the settings.json directly to extend how many mappings are possible, but would love to see a lot more slots for mapping AND/OR a way to just convert folder for folder (where the name of the folder is the name of the output).

Super appreciate that this tool exists, btw! A suggestion for a future product is one that can convert patches of some popular subtractive synth that has a lot of available patches to Deluge format. I know it wouldn't sound identical, but it seems possible to get it in the ballpark and produce some interesting results. A much more difficult undertaking, I know, but would be super cool! :smile:

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
    edited December 2022

I have some questions regarding Kit maker

1. Are NI samples embedded in presets, i.e. not visible from folder level, and extracted by Kit Maker?
    2. Having a folder of samples, you can assign them in a bulk using Deluge functionality. What does KM do beyond that?

@uberhaus said:
    convert patches of some popular subtractive synth that has a lot of available patches to Deluge format. I know it wouldn't sound identical, but it seems possible to get it in the ballpark and produce some interesting results. A much more difficult undertaking, I know, but would be super cool! :smile:

This is a great idea but I wonder how about preset copyright.

Post edited by TOTAL on
    cavengercavenger United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

Hi All, I know this thread is old, but I just got kit maker. I just want to be able to grab a set of specific samples to fill out a kit and for kit maker to create the Deluge kit for me. As best as I can tell, Kit Maker has to have the samples in predefined sample pack names to create the kit. In my case, I have to create a Blank Sample Kit and put each individual sample in the right folder. Does anyone have any input on how this can be used effectively with the Deluge?