Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Best way to program multiple bars in an odd time signature?

ByronJZAByronJZA South AfricaPosts: 6
edited May 2017 in Deluge Help

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to see if there is a better way to program multiple bars of an odd time signature. Say, for example, I want 4 bars of 7/4. I know I can just extend my pattern to be 7 "pages" long, but then the first beat of my second bar is in the block of "page" 2, and so on. The other option is to program 4 different tracks in song mode that "follow" on from one another.

Any other ideas?

Post edited by ByronJZA on

Answers

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

Have you tried the "shift+push <> knob" that will duplicate your CURRENT bar, whatever the length is. So I would do as much work on the first 7/4 bar and then duplicate it 3 times. The "cross screen" function needs to be adjusted to 7/4 or any odd bar lengths to work properly

ByronJZAByronJZA South AfricaPosts: 6

Thanks funktree! I'll try this when I get home today and let you know. It sounds promising.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

I see funktree's already beat me to it, but copy/pasting and then using cross screen edit (or not) would be the quickest way I can think of, too.

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@Sam said:
    copy/pasting and then using cross screen edit (or not) would be the quickest way I can think of, too.

How do you copy paste or use cross-screen on a track longer than one bar in an odd time signatures? Don't those functions always work on an entire screen of 16 columns?