Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge randomly freezes often enough that I expect it to at some point now.

2»

Comments

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Missed that somehow. Saw it already on GitHub. Thank you!

cassbob2cassbob2 belgiumPosts: 9

Mine crashes 1 time out of 10, sometimes just waiting resolves it and it goes back to normal, but occasionally it freezes with no possibility of recovery (very annoying when you forget to save frequently). I find it happens too often for the price of the device. I'm concerned about the support since future firmware updates seem to be community-driven

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

@cassbob2 said:
    Mine crashes 1 time out of 10, sometimes just waiting resolves it and it goes back to normal, but occasionally it freezes with no possibility of recovery (very annoying when you forget to save frequently). I find it happens too often for the price of the device. I'm concerned about the support since future firmware updates seem to be community-driven

What firmware are you on? I highly recommend the community firmware (not just for features, but for stability). Between that and a better SD card my crashes have stopped and I've done several very long live sets without worry (but all our workflows are different, so who knows)

danielf_ddfdanielf_ddf GermanyPosts: 6

I had a crash running v3 when we played a live set in a club and I could only turn off and on to make it respond again. Gladly Deluge was not sending the clock and we had ~8 more Synths and Drumsynths playing, so I could ask the the others to improvise while I had to restart an reload the track. I think maybe nobody really noticed it, but I was super stressed and a but confused afterwards and It surely wasn't helping my trust for playing live with it.
    It happed again a few more times, but gladly not again in a live context.
    Stability is really crucial for live sets!