Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Clip Length Zoom Bug?

lowandslowlowandslow United StatesPosts: 29

Maybe this is “working as intended”… but it seems like in V4, when I adjust a clip length, and I reach a clip length that is exactly 1/2 of the original clip, the Deluge forces a zoom that is 1/2 of the original zoom. For example, if I have a clip length that is 16 notes and I’m looking at these notes in the 16th note view… as soon as I shorten the clip length to 8 notes, the Deluge automatically zooms me into 32nd notes to take up my entire pad view. In the old software version I could zoom back out to see 16th notes again ( right half of pads were dimly lit showing me inactive clip notes). But now my zoom / note view is locked into 8th notes. THIS IS SUPER ANNOYING!!!! It’s annoying because whenever I’m looking at my song view (usually in 16th notes), if I ever click into a clip that is shorter than the others, the Deluge forces a smaller note view (32nd notes) and when I go back out to my song view - I’m forced to see my song at that view (32nd notes). I’m constantly having to zoom out and I sometimes get lost in my song because my view is constantly changing. It seems like V4 1) lost the code to remember what zoom level each track is being viewed at, 2) lost the ability to zoom out to see smaller track length to see end of track / dead notes, and 3) is trying to be “smart” at the cost of creating more zooming work for me. Is there a way to turn this “smart zoom” off? If not, please roll back the code to the old way it used to work. This feels like a regression.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

This is expected behavior.
    I just confirmed this is how it worked on 3.1.5 firmware. And I’m fairly certain this is how it has always worked.

lowandslowlowandslow United StatesPosts: 29

I also just confirmed that is how it works in 3.1.5 ... Where do I drop feature requests? :)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Nowhere currently. The current focus is working out a few bugs that popped up in 4.0.
    And another undisclosed list of features is already being worked on as well.
    So Synthstrom is not accepting feature requests at this time.