β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio in as a oscylator

RabokayRabokay EuBeta Tester Posts: 32

Is there a way to use audio in as a oscylator
But switching of key tacking? I would like to put a signal from another synth and key-trigger envelopes and lfos (to filter) on deluge
But stop it from transposing the signal.

Post edited by Rabokay on

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Yes, set type to audio in. Note: to hear it a note must be pressed.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

I set oscylator type to "in"
    send signal from other synth to audio in of deluge
    to be able to key trigger envelopes or lfos i have to "learn" the synths keyboard with deluge.
    Now the only problem is when i play the synth
    The sound gets distorted by deluge trying to transpose clean sygnal.
    My question is is there a way to switch of the transpose -ing
    Or is there a different way to aproach that problem

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112
    edited June 2022

What synth are you using?

You can't stop the pitch key tracking from the Deluge. Here's been my experience:
    Option one: if you can set the synth to just send a sustained C note, then the Deluge will handle pitching it and using the envelopes. I've done this before using a Matriarch.
    Option 2: don't learn the synth keyboard and set the Deluge to a sustained C note. You won't be able to trigger envelopes on the Deluge, but you can still use the LFOs (just not triggered) and FX. You can even turn the arp on for some rhythmic envelopes.

I found option 2 to be the best for my needs :)

Post edited by Affectionate_Bee_781 on

I was thinking about using ob6 and dubble the sem filter with deluge one with envelopes and lfos. Ob6 can have 2nd osc key tracking switched off but still i hoped for more

Can you use an audio in on kit-s?

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Yes, you can use audio in for kit tracks but you're still gonna have trouble triggering envelopes without key tracking (unless someone's got a clever workaround).

What about some sort of MIDI processor in-between the ob6 and deluge that remaps every note sent to C4? That should give desired results. Turning the OB6 key-tracking off would work but obviously not ideal.

jsilencejsilence GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 27

Option 3: use the Midihub to convert all Notes to a C.

@jsilence said:
    Option 3: use the Midihub to convert all Notes to a C.

Thats briliant thanx