Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge slows down quickly after last firmware update (4.0)

Hello!

After updating to the last firmware (4.0) I've been experiencing a lot of slowdown on the Deluge. Before the update I was able to use plenty of tracks with the internal synth engine and drum samples. Even with multisamples in the mix I've never really experienced any slowdown with 10 tracks.

After the update I've been experiencing pretty extreme slowdown after only using 5 tracks. Even if I don't use any wavetables or multisamples this happens. I don't feel like im really pushing the device that much. The slowdown is especially noticable when in the synth selection menu.

Anybody else having this problem? Should I try to go back to earlier firmware?

Kind regards,

Answers

So I have tried to install the previous patch, but it doesn't seem to help. I've also deleted the wavetable files from the SD card, but this didnt help either (SD card is only 3 GB full anyway). When I use factory preset synths it starts slowing down at around 5 or 6 tracks. When I use one note of a multisample and one chord of a bit more heavy preset it already starts to slow down. Could it be the SD card or the unit? I used to stack multisamples and everything without a problem.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Can you email me: ian@synthstrom.com and perhaps do a 'collect save' of a particular song you can see is acting differently in 4.0 as opposed to 3.2?