โ€บ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Rename Clip?

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

I can see on page 30 (pdf p 36) of the manual that Sounds within kits and tracks within arranger view can be renamed, butt can't figure out how to rename a Song/Clip. Any hints, or is it just a matter of saving a new one and deleting the old one?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

go into arranger, think is audition pad+name (the pad right of sidechain send)

๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†…๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฒ๐Ÿ…ด ๐Ÿ…ณ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, naming tracks in arranger view will be shown in their clips in song view.
    To name a song, simply start typing into the QWERTY pads after pressing the save button. Save button again to confirm.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Can we rename audio recordings in the clip folder? REC00xxx isnโ€™t exactly helpful when trying to find a specific file.

No actually. That would cause songs or presets that reference the file to no longer work.
    I recommend using kits and/or songs to label and organize samples for later use.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Thanks. The problem with using kits is I mainly use the Deluge as a multitrack recorder - or are you suggesting to load the sample clips into a kit? Then naming them there?

Doesnโ€™t have to be kits. In the case of audio clips I just save the song file.

For example, Iโ€™ll record several audio clips of my hardware synth while experimenting with patching. Then I name it something like โ€œ0-Coast squigglesโ€ and save it under my Sound Design folder within SONGS.

To use it in another song, I load โ€œ0-Coast squigglesโ€, enter the audio clip and use browse shortcut to preview the audio file. Then I return to a new song and next time I browse to start a new kit, or browse in a blank audio clip, the intended clip is the first one to pop up for loading.

Kits are a bit easier because you can simply load them within the new song. Depends on what youโ€™re recording and how.

this instrument runs deep. I am glad for this forum and the exposure to people at different levels in their learning journey. You are a real asset @Too_Mere

Thanks @Octavian
    Happy to help! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ