Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi volume control for entire kit

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

Can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for in the manual, and forum search yielded nothing useful.

This may be a simple one, I just can't seem to find the data.

Deluge firmware 4.0
Faderfox MX 12

Goal: control volume level of an entire kit using Faderfox Fader rather than a single element in the kit.

I can set individual kit elements volume control just fine to the master volume of individual elements, but my goal is to control the volume of the entire kit.

while in clip view, I tried to map the fader to the master level of an element while at the same time having the "parameters affect entire" selected, but no matter what I do, I can only seem to control a single element of the kit, not all the elements at once.

I thought perhaps there was a way to map the gold knob volume control of the entire kit from Song view, but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Am I being silly and not understanding something simple? (happens to me a lot on the Deluge. I often think something is much harder to do then it is, and wind up feeling silly. heh.)

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to map the affect entire parameters via MIDI. Those are only accessible from the deluge knobs in song or clip view.
    You can achieve the same effect by mapping each of the individual rows of a kit to a single fader. More time consuming but should still do the trick.

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

That's a great suggestion! Yeah, a little work, but not a big deal. just another addition to my template. Thanks, that works like a charm!