β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pressing my upper gold knob doesn't seem to work (or maybe I'm doing it wrong)

adam_padam_p CanadaPosts: 3

I was following along in this video, but when he changes the delay mode from "normal" to "ping-pong" I discovered that pushing my upper gold knob didn't do anything. I checked the manual and it's supposed to work like that. The lower gold knob works for delay and for some of the other effects, but the upper knob doesn't seem to do anything for any of them.

I just got my Deluge today, so there's a good chance I'm doing this wrong. I really hope someone will tell me that I am indeed messing something and not that my Deluge is defective.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer βœ“

When you press it does it seem to physically press in the same way as the other? If so, that sounds like a faulty encoder. You should get in touch with Synthstrom and they should get you taken care of, especially if still under warranty.

Answers

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

so it doest work also for changing filter to eq? then it might be a faulty knob.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    so it doest work also for changing filter to eq? then it might be a faulty knob.

I honestly don't know how to try that.

But it doesn't work for any of the buttons between the knobs -- level, cutoff, attack, delay, etc. The lower knob doesn't though -- changing reverb room size, for example.

I explained the problem to Synthstrom (and took a video of it) and the Deluge is being replaced.