Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is it possible to cue a clip in the headphones.. but not the main LR Outputs?

I jam a lot on the deluge and like to play sets where I just start with a couple clips and try to build and add sounds over time. This would be much easier if I could hear and prepare clips in the headphones while its not heard on the monitors/main output. Does anyone know a work -around for this?

If not, then a great feature would be (for instance).. double tap on mute on an already muted clip which sets it to 'cue mode', then you could prepare your sound, set the params, enter notes etc only in the headphones, then double tap again to return to normal mute mode.. ready to introduce the clip into the main mix.

Best Answers

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    Answer ✓

There's only 1 audio out so I guess the answer is no.

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioPosts: 128
    Answer ✓

This has come up a bunch of times over the years, but there's only one DAC, so the headphones/main outputs can't be separated unfortunately.

Answers

core44core44 Posts: 11

Thanks guys. That's a shame, but nothing I can't work around.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

You could workaround with panning hard left and right.

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
    edited May 2022

@core44 said:
    I jam a lot on the deluge and like to play sets where I just start with a couple clips and try to build and add sounds over time. This would be much easier if I could hear and prepare clips in the headphones while its not heard on the monitors/main output. Does anyone know a work -around for this?

If not, then a great feature would be (for instance).. double tap on mute on an already muted clip which sets it to 'cue mode', then you could prepare your sound, set the params, enter notes etc only in the headphones, then double tap again to return to normal mute mode.. ready to introduce the clip into the main mix.

I came onto the forum to ask that question or suggest it became a possibility. It is indeed a bit of a nuisance in a live session, especially if you want to prepare something (ex: a loop) before letting it go out live.

BTW, maybe @jensg suggestion could be implemented in some way - such as the double tapping etc.

Post edited by joesh on
    KlausKlaus germanyPosts: 1

I asked myself ever and ever again, why the deluge has no monitor out on top of the stereo out.

The USB-Host connector could bring the solution:
    I would love to connect class compliant USB-AUDIO Interfaces. Or even better my Behringer X32 Compact.

CU

Klaus