Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recovering a Saved-Over File Help!

auxoctauxoct United StatesPosts: 14

I accidentally saved over a file for a session that is crucial to an upcoming performance.

I thought I had backed up my SD card by dragging it onto an external drive, apparently that is not how it works. When I go to open the backup, it is just the contents of the current SD card state. It will not let me open the "backup" without the SD card inserted.

Is there anything I can do to recover the previous file state? It is very important to me.

Also, what can I do to actually backup the SD properly in the future? Apparently just dragging the SD onto the external drive does not work as I thought it did.

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

hm what operating system are you using, mac? to back up next time i would enter the SD card and then copy and paste the contents of the sd card (the folders/files found in the root folder) instead of dragging the drive icon to your external.

as far as recovering older files on the SD card, i don't have much experience there, maybe search for data recovery software for SD cards and see if you can access a "restore previous version" type feature

UnedibleUnedible EuropePosts: 1

Maybe you've already sorted it now but I once saved over a file and managed to recover it, like reza said, using a free (with limited use for free version) app for recovering data.

willerwiller GermanyPosts: 3

@Unedible said:
    Maybe you've already sorted it now but I once saved over a file and managed to recover it, like reza said, using a free (with limited use for free version) app for recovering data.

Hi Unedible!
    Which App did you use and how did you do it? Help would save my mind right now. Thx