Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Rename a song?

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

Silly question, but I can't find an answer in the guide or forums: Is there a way to re-name a Song so that the original version (with previous name) is removed?

E.g., I'm working on a Song with the name "foo" and I then export the song to my DAW and want to re-name it "bar" to indicate it's been exported.

I know that I can save the Song with a new name, but is there an option to re-name (replacing "foo" with "bar)? Or would I have to save with a new name, then go and delete the old song (and is that possible on the hardware?).

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There’s not a way to rename as you describe. You just have to save with a new name and delete the old one. You can indeed do this on the hardware. To delete, press load, navigate to the old copy, then hold shift and press save/delete.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

also you can rename the project name on a computer that has access to the SD card

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

But unfortunately you can’t delete the folders attached to it (when collecting media before) which makes for a messy sd card.

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

Thanks everyone, appreciated.