Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Update 4.0 caused audio drop outs in old tracks

Retroboy_64Retroboy_64 Czech Republic, PraguePosts: 4

Hello.
I wrote on facebook page too. But today I see it is really problem for me.
After update I have problem with some old tracks. Deluge is not able to play too much sounds as before, there are audio drop outs, muted sounds.
Tracks was done and prepared to liveset and was without problem before.
It really looks I have to downgrade back but I have many new tracks with wavetables - really pity I cant use them in set. Maybe when I resampling wavetables and dont use new seqencer feature will be work in older version?
Rohan said on fb he is targeting on it - I really hope it will be done soon. I cant use update for now :( sad..
And I have problem with cpu really often now. Especially fast hats with delays, arps, and loops make trouble. Im used to have many layers and it was no problem before.
New update is really must have.. More people said they have this problem.
Can I expect fix soon? Thanks for answer.
Now I will be downgrading. Only save 3.1.5 file on sd card? Right?

Comments

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

Same as you.. :'(

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155
    edited May 2022

I've made wave versions of synth tracks to use it for live and stay on this firmeware version

Post edited by sven_blob on
    jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Same here, only 3 tracks with minimal synth + sampler kit = dropouts, voice-stealing all the time.

what happened there with the new FW? just a bug or inherent problem?

it has gotten to a point where the platform feels outdated / overwhelmed.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

I've emailed everybody on this thread to see if we can find out specifics.

moulfritmoulfrit BelgiqueBeta Tester Posts: 24

Hello

the problem also occurs in 4.0.1.

Yes, the voice count is still not where 3.15 was.

I gave up chasing this.

faux_chateaufaux_chateau New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 8

I'm also having this happen in 4.1 for tracks, and the problem is not happening in 3.15. What is the procedure for saving a song and samples to send through to Rohan co to have a look at? Thanks

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

@faux_chateau collect all and save (long press save and press save again when "CoLL" appears). send rohan (rohan@synthstrom.com) the .XML project file AND a zip of the project's folder of the same name that was created (will be in your SONGS folder along with song .XML's)
    maybe describe what cuts out too.

milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

Hi,
    i am on latest fw 4.1.3 and if there is more then 9 tracks with samples there are dropouts . Still trying to understand how is this happening, is it a memory issue or just firmware?
    Thanks

edited July 2023

Can people from this thread upload some songs where they noticed this behaviour into here? I can bring this to the open source devs and ask, if anybody would be willing to have a look at this, but remember: this is all volunteer work.

Thanks!

@milkformycoconut
    @faux_chateau
    @moulfrit
    @SvenBlob
    @Retroboy_64

Post edited by jensg on
    edited July 2023

@jensg Will give it a go after work tonight
    Actually now that i remember i made a recording of it, will edit this once i find and upload file

Ok here is a link
    https://on.soundcloud.com/aEjNs

Start from 2 minute and listen to Synth cord and , at 3 minute are dropping off, synth cord is loosing some of voices

Post edited by milkformycoconut on
    edited July 2023

@milkformycoconut said:
    @jensg Will give it a go after work tonight
    Actually now that i remember i made a recording of it, will edit this once i find and upload file

Ok here is a link
    https://on.soundcloud.com/aEjNs

Start from 2 minute and listen to Synth cord and , at 3 minute are dropping off, synth cord is loosing some of voices

Cool. Does it work on 3.15? if so, can you maybe upload the song file via "collect and save" (plus samples)? Also, could you provide a recording of the song on 3.15 playing correctly, so we have a reference to measure against?

I know this is work, but it would be very helpful in order to maybe get to the bottom of this.

Thank you!

Post edited by jensg on

Sounds good, will do it then when at home

Cool. Does it work on 3.15? if so, can you maybe upload the song file via "collect and save" (plus samples)? Also, could you provide a recording of the song on 3.15 playing correctly, so we have a reference to measure against?

I know this is work, but it would be very helpful in order to maybe get to the bottom of this.

Thank you!

So i haven't had time to deal with it. Just got back on website. Haven't tried 3.15 because my original purchase came with 4.1.3
    So all my findings are in regards to latest FW.
    I realized that most of dropouts come from audio files that are using stretch option.

another thing, dropouts are also happening when song was playing, and i was browsing folders and previewing new samples. So can someone confirm that 3.15 actually doesn't do this? since i love working with samples and this is one option i actually wanna use

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

@milkformycoconut said:
    another thing, dropouts are also happening when song was playing, and i was browsing folders and previewing new samples. So can someone confirm that 3.15 actually doesn't do this? since i love working with samples and this is one option i actually wanna use

You might want to try the latest beta firmware (4.1.4), as it is supposed to contain a memory leak fix. Seemed to help with some of my post-4.0 issues:

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5398/v4-1-4-beta1

edited July 2023

Perfect, will give it a go. Thank you @Bay_Mud. Apparently i can't open this link you posted, is it only for beta testers?

Post edited by milkformycoconut on
    Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

@milkformycoconut said:
    Perfect, will give it a go. Thank you @Bay_Mud. Apparently i can't open this link you posted, is it only for beta testers?

Oh, my apologies. I forgot you have to be a registered beta tester to get access to that section!