Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Chiptune Sweep / Pitch Envelope

tingeltingel Hamburg / GermanyPosts: 43
edited May 2022 in Deluge Help

Ahoi Dears, is there a way creating a synth on the deluge which has that typical Chiptune-sweep effect - going up or down in a certain range+speed from the tone you play - like explained in this vid:
Cheerio, Tingel

Post edited by tingel on
Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

hey @tingel, any chance you could timestamp a moment in that video of that effect? looking up chiptune sweep on other videos results in videos showcasing something different than here, at least from skimming through the video.

@reza ah, the link is already timestamped on min 6:32 ... d´ya know what i mean by sweep, now!? ;)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

That sweep can be done with a pitch envelope.
    Use the master transpose shortcut, then the envelope 2 shortcut, and set the range of the effect. Then can set the speed/shape by adjusting env2 attack and decay.

To get a chiptune flavor, use a square or triangle oscillator shape with the PW set somewhere in the 20’s. Then can add some bit crush and/or decimation to taste (custom 2 & 3).

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

@tingel said:
    @reza ah, the link is already timestamped on min 6:32 ... d´ya know what i mean by sweep, now!? ;)

ah! i think i was being impatient haha. too_mere hit it on the head, give it a go!

thank you @Too_Mere & @reza - small steps for delugians, but big steps for me i´m making ;)

@Too_Mere said:
    That sweep can be done with a pitch envelope.
    Use the master transpose shortcut, then the envelope 2 shortcut, and set the range of the effect. Then can set the speed/shape by adjusting env2 attack and decay.

To get a chiptune flavor, use a square or triangle oscillator shape with the PW set somewhere in the 20’s. Then can add some bit crush and/or decimation to taste (custom 2 & 3).

theoretically i understand what you wanna tell me, but unfortunately i haven´t learned yet how to connect the master transpose with the envelope 2 ... i did also search this forum, guidebook and youtube-tutorials, but couldn´t find the answer... can you tell me or give me a link, how to learn connecting env2? thaaaanks!

Here’s a quick video to describe how to connect master transpose to envelope 2.

That´s amazing!!! Thanks soooo much :) :)

Happy to help 🙂👍🏼