is there a way to reset parameterized effects to original preset values?
for example, in a new song, keep the default clip with its preset of
0 and increase upper rotary for cutoff to full. rotate select rotary to a the next preset
1, then rotate back again to
0 .. note that the increased cutoff is remembered. i'd like a way to return to a preset's 'pristine' state.
why i want this: it's possible to get a preset to an unusable or undesirable state from recklessly fun parametrized effects. i notice this is particularly problematic with custom presets like the boards of deluge series.
what i'd like, one of the following:
- when rotating UR/LR, the four LEDs indicate in some fashion when they are at the preset's originally configured value
- the existing shortcut that removes automations (shift + UR/LR) to also return a preset to its original parameterized values
- or a distinct shortcut (shift + UR/LR offers a menu to select which or both to return to pristine)
- it's possible to clone a clip and keeping all recklessness behavior to the copy, but aside from being unfun to always be cloning for a safe return point, it's something you may not think of until the problem occurs.
workarounds after the fact:
- save song, load a new song, load a clip with that preset and inspect all of the original values for the parametrized effects.
- inspect the song xml for its modifications perhaps?
some discussion on the discord: https://discord.com/channels/608916579421257728/608918533815926784/922315722003218483