Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Precise control of parameters with upper/lower rotaries, esp stutter, and midi note for pitch?

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Hi all, amazing device. Is there a clever way to get precise and predictable control of parameters that are being controlled with the upper/lower rotaries? For example, before I press the button to switch Stutter on I'd like to be able to know what time-division it is about to give me. Similarly, I love using Custom 1 to change the pitch of a kit: but precise control is hard if not impossible, partly because it's very sensitive, and partly because there's no visual feedback on the semi tone shift being imposed. Is there a clever way to get some visual feedback? And even better for the pitch change, is it possible to map it to midi notes? (Or some predictable change, perhaps if I was using an external controller... is there a controller that can send, at the press of a button, a specific value for a specific MIDI CC controller number? Anyway, I'd rather do it all in the box...).

As I said, the deluge is an amazing device, just pushing the limits, I guess I'm trying to make it act a little more like an Octatrack, producing predictable perturbations of the sounds during a performance at the press of a knob or button... If it's not possible, no harm... every box has its own opportunities and limitations, some seem arbitrary, but I guess we must respect that all are determined by the guiding mind of the designer that created the glorious whole!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If the gold knob is mapped to a parameter that also has a shortcut, you can use the shortcut to display its number value while turning the gold knob.
    This is not currently possible with the stutter effect. And the custom 1 pitch within kits is separate from the master transpose which will indeed show semitones.
    In some cases it’s better to use samples in synth clips to get more pitch control, even if they’re drum sounds.

johnfranklinjohnfranklin YorkshirePosts: 12

Related to this, and something that I would find super useful in being a bit more precise with parameter control, is changing the range of gold knobs. Is that doable?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not currently possible. Sorry