Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Quantized loop markers

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83
edited April 2022 in Deluge Help

Hi folks,
here is a problem I step into over and over again:
I want to record an audio file that is 8 bars long. The audio already contains synced delays and what not. I want to set a loop start marker at bar 5 so that the audio loops from bar 5 to end of bar 8 again and again and again.
In Ableton that is super easy. You simply record the damn thing and quickly set the loop start point. Takes 1 second.
On the Deluge: So fa,r I suppose that the best option is to create a new kit clip, not audio clip (right?!). I then press shift+kit and then hit record. I play back the audio (8 bars from Ableton). I hit record again to stop the recording. Now here comes the problem: I can't achieve to find the right position for the end markers and loop markers respectively. It's a horrible fiddling around that takes far too long.
I am thinking of a way to start recording into a kit row starting at the same time as playback and ending exactly after 8 bars. so that afterwards I can set the loop start marker at bar 5 (which is also a problem because Deluge shows time values when adjusting loop points, but of course I could then simply divide the duration of the audio by 2).

I think this should be possible but I just don't know how. Please point me in the right direction.
Much thanks!

Post edited by Hannes on

Comments

ok maybe I should try things first and then post the question here.
    What I now did is to use audio clips and make use of the continuous overdub function. I record the first 4 bars in one audio clip and the next four bars in the second audio clip. Start and end points are perfectly in time.
    But actually I would rather do the same thing in a kit clip. Is that somehow possible?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

once u have the two recordings in audio clips:
    enter audio clip 1, hit shift+browse and then exit (saves location of last browsed file) go to into kit, press an audition pad+load then confirm the first sample. do the same with the second audio clips sample. now you can use both samples that have been recorded properly in a kit clip.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@reza said:
    enter audio clip 1, hit shift+browse and then exit (saves location of last browsed file) go to into kit, press an audition pad+load then confirm the first sample. do the same with the second audio clips sample. now you can use both samples that have been recorded properly in a kit clip.

Just make sure to save the song before doing this. Otherwise audio clips may still be inaccessible in the TEMP folder. 👍🏼

@reza said:

ah yes of course. I guess that was to obvious to see by myself :)

So I assume there is no similar way of recording directly in the kit clip, right?!