Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Wavetable shortcut redundant?

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
edited April 2022 in General Discussion

I thought the wavetable shortcuts would allow a synth to be set as wavetable, so in synth mode, hold shift hit wavetable, wavetable browser is brought up, scroll through wavetables, press enter when you hear one you like.

But all it does is says “CAnT” on display.

I watched the wavetable tutorial video, and it seems really needlessly convoluted and does not use the wavetable shortcuts at all, are they redundant or are they used for something else?

Post edited by darenager on

Comments

Ok so once a wavetable is loaded the shortcut sets the position with the wavetable. Still, it would be a lot quicker to have them load the wavetable too, rather than the browse, hit ok, hold select, turn to wave, hit ok, it could just be hit wavetable, browse, hit ok.

J_C_SelectorJ_C_Selector AustraliaPosts: 10

Can wavetable position be mapped to one of the custom knobs?

Yes, It is already mapped to custom knobs by default IIRC.

esparksesparks AustraliaPosts: 7

Wavetables are just samples, it doesn't really make sense (to me) to have a different way to load them then using the existing sample browser.