Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi note layout for IOS chord app

Hey,

This is probably very specific and unusual. I don't own a Deluge yet.
I use this app called ChordPolyPad on iPad that allows me to write chord progressions.
The layout of the app is 8 banks of 16 pads (so 128 chords or notes which would suit the Deluge nicely).

Now I'd need the Deluge to output Midi notes by 4x4 notes banks, so 8 banks of 16 pads, ideally ordered from bottom to up and from left to right. I guess that I'd need to remap which notes the Deluge outputs in order to achieve the right layout? Is this possible?

Then I'd like to output Midi notes to the ChordPolyPad/iPad and feed back the Midi chords generated in the iPad back to the Deluge synth. Is this also possible?

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

from what i understand you can't remap notes on the deluge, there isn't any make-one-pad-play-a-chord ability on the deluge. sounds like if the ipad app you have already has banks then it would be redundant for the deluge to do it too, no? maybe explain the specific use case of having remapped midi-notes on the deluge feed into chordpoly, then back to deluge and maybe there's a way to get close to that result.

stelviostelvio BerlinPosts: 5

Thanks for the reply.
    The idea is to play the chords (programmed in Chordpoly) from the Deluge rather than from a cold piece of glass.
    Chordpoly has some features that make chords come to life in a way, like different strumming per chord and velocity per note within each chord. But I'm personally not a big fan of playing from an iPhone or an iPad.

hey @stelvio the only possibility i can think of is if you can map a Chordpoly "chord bank" (one of the pads that has chord info on it) onto a single note, i.e C#3. in that case, you could maybe that pad set to C#3 learned to a single kit row's pad and trigger it from the Deluge. not sure if Chordpoly allows for that or not though!

stelviostelvio BerlinPosts: 5

Thanks @reza, having chords mapped to rows isn't very fun and practical to play. The ideal layout is the 4 by 4. I'll give up on this weird idea of mine but thanks a lot for looking into it :)

there is a workaround i discovered using a deluge midi channel to trigger kit rows in any order you want on the keyboard grid (via one midi cable plugged into in and out of deluge) however that can only be done if the last thing i suggested is possible, assigning a chord bank to one kit row. might have to use a mix of usb + midi cables to make it work in your case or else it might not work