Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

copy artist samples, on a track in one song to paste into another song

JORJOR Sydney AustraliaPosts: 4

hello, using my own samples from the Artist folder, with fx set up on the sample's track, and an arrangement I've made in my own Kit I wanted to copy one of these tracks from the Kit and paste it into a new Kit in a new song. Using the copy and paste functions, I haven't managed to get this to work, and then my songs already set up in the Deluge won't play at all. Has this ever happened before? After backing up the card, and doing a restart on the Deluge, eventually my songs played, but when I tried to do this type of copy and paste again, it happened again. Any insight into what is happening with this, or is this copy and paste not possible? Perhaps I need to resample the track, if I want to copy it to use in another song, so that the treatment I have set up in the original song on the sample can be used in the new song? copy and paste would be preferable :)

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Best way to achieve what you’re trying to do would be to save the kit (save + kit).
    Then you can load the kit into the new song (load + kit).
    You can’t do this with specific rows of the kit to place into a new kit. Just the whole kit.
    But you could resample the sound with effects and load that into a new kit.

Don’t move or delete samples used in songs or kits, otherwise they’ll no longer function.

Answers