Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Using effects pedals when resampling the deluge

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

Anyone know if there’s a way to sample the deluge back into itself through an effects pedal. I can’t think of a way to do it that wouldn’t cause a feedback loop while using monitoring.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I haven’t done this, but I think people have had luck doing this by panning EVERYTHING (even reverb, no stereo fx) hard right. Then sending the right output to the left input. Monitoring should probably be off, though you may be able to pan that one clip hard left and monitor from the left output.

That’s a big brain idea. Never would have thought of that. Problem though is the no stereo part. I was trying to figure out a way around the deluge reverb since it doesn’t always fit with the sound I’m trying to make. I want that big lush reverb for pads without needing to add too much gear. I couldn’t find a way in the manual so thought I’d check here. Thanks for the response. Sounds like I’m still at needing to pipe in another synth or sampler through an effects chain.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Gotcha. Have you tried increasing the room size on the internal reverb? And decreasing the dampening? It can get pretty effective.
    There’s also a way to get a fully wet reverb resample which you can mix with more control:
    Pace the sound/resample into a kit row. Turn up the reverb for the row all the way. Then turn the LPF of the entire kit all the way down. Resample the result for a 100% wet signal.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@Too_Mere said:
    Gotcha. Have you tried increasing the room size on the internal reverb? And decreasing the dampening? It can get pretty effective.
    There’s also a way to get a fully wet reverb resample which you can mix with more control:
    Pace the sound/resample into a kit row. Turn up the reverb for the row all the way. Then turn the LPF of the entire kit all the way down. Resample the result for a 100% wet signal.

Oh, that’s intriguing. Gotta check this out.

I was wondering if there was a way to just record the reverb. Thanks.

I’ve messed with the dampening. The reverb to me sounds very metallic which works great for some sounds and not others. Usually when you have a metallic sounding reverb you dampen it more but I’ve cranked it. Maybe I’ll try messing with lower settings again and see what I can do with it. Thanks again for the suggestions.