Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Disable pitch tracking?

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

I'd like to have one of my synth oscillators play at the same pitch regardless of the note played. Is this possible?

I expected to find 'note' modulating 'transpose' by default and simply disable it. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks!

Best Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

This is not currently possible, sorry. Closest thing would be making the filter self-oscillate without note tracking.

kbrakbra Helsinki, FinlandPosts: 28
    Answer ✓

What you can do is to assign negative NOTE modulation to TRANSPOSE of the oscillator to sort of counteract normal hard-wired pitch tracking. The problem is, setting that modulation strength -50 still means that the pitch rises (about) a minor third every octave - depends on the particular patch whether that will work any better or not.

Answers

@Too_Mere said:
    This is not currently possible, sorry. Closest thing would be making the filter self-oscillate without note tracking.

Thanks for your help as always @Too_Mere - much appreciated.

It would be cool to be able to load a short sample into one one of the oscillators to use as the transient, but until there's the option to remove note-tracking, I'll take the limitation as an opportunity up my percussive synthesis game.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

For sure! Or even just take care of it on a separate clip/instrument, copying the contents to match the rhythm.

@Too_Mere said:
    For sure! Or even just take care of it on a separate clip/instrument, copying the contents to match the rhythm.

My preferred approach to stacking is to wire the MIDI in and out together then have multiple synth clips listening to one MIDI clip.

Thanks again.

@kbra said:
    What you can do is to assign negative NOTE modulation to TRANSPOSE of the oscillator to sort of counteract normal hard-wired pitch tracking. The problem is, setting that modulation strength -50 still means that the pitch rises (about) a minor third every octave - depends on the particular patch whether that will work any better or not.

That's a good option to have, especially for adding a kick to the start of a simple bass part. Thanks!