Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arranger Mode Instance Placement Issue

Hi all. I didn't find any topics on this when I searched for "arranger mode" so hopefully this isn't redundant.

I just started working with arranger mode, and while the recording into arranger mode seems to be working fine, I'm having an issue placing instances of clips. When I press a blank pad in a row it automatically gives me an empty white clip. If I press shift and hit the pad again (maybe hoping to cycle to a normal colored clip instance) nothing happens. When I hold shift and press an blank pad nothing happens.

Is this a bug or a feature? I read through the arranger mode before starting, but maybe I missed something?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

To cycle through the different color clips in arranger view, hold the clip and turn the select knob.
    Holding shift and pressing a color clip will turn it white, making it unique and unlinking it from the other clips that shared its color, while still retaining its contents.

Ah, right! I think I tried that yesterday but was accidentally turning the Scroll<> knob instead. I went to test that today and for whatever reason most songs were now giving me the normal clips straight away instead of the white clips, no idea what could have caused that change. But, on one track where it was giving me the white clips at first, the Shift + Select did work. Thank you.

I'm just realizing now that there was also an error with the Back/Undo and Redo. It would only let me go back one step, which I thought was very odd and frustrating. Apparently there was some bug 'cause it's working fine now. Though I don't know what the cause or solution was.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Placing clips in the arranger will place whatever clip color was last placed or used. If you use shift + clip to turn a clip white, now placing another clip will default to white. Pressing and holding a blue clip for example will then place more blue clips.

Not sure what happened with your undo problem.