Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampling external loop into a kit

esparksesparks AustraliaPosts: 7

Wondering if i'm missing an option here. I want to sample eg. 2 bars of an external synth that is clocked to the Deluge, but the catch being that since I want to do more afterwards than just play the loop I want to sample into a kit or synth. Now I could do this just by hitting record but I'll need to manually adjust the start and end times which can be a right pain with some groovy loops. My current work-around is to record into an audio clip and then load the resulting clip into a kit row. A couple of caveats being that you must remember to turn off "Margins", and you need to save the project for the file to appear in Clips.

Have I missed a way to record to a kit with count in and stop-sync similar to Audio Clips, or is this currently best practice?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I would use resampling. It can start and stop in sync and won’t make you save to get to the audio file.
    Make sure the external synth is solo’d, then hold record and press play. Hold record and press play once again to end recording at the end of the loop.
    Now when you add a row to a kit, the resample will pop up in the browser automatically.

esparksesparks AustraliaPosts: 7

@Too_Mere said:
    I would use resampling. It can start and stop in sync and won’t make you save to get to the audio file.
    Make sure the external synth is solo’d, then hold record and press play. Hold record and press play once again to end recording at the end of the loop.
    Now when you add a row to a kit, the resample will pop up in the browser automatically.

not a bad solution, cheers.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

👍🏼Cheers