Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Clock bug on FW 3.1.5

esparksesparks AustraliaPosts: 7
edited February 2022 in Deluge Help

Hi there, having a repeat issue where after a couple of hours continuous play the Deluge stops sending midi clock and needs to be rebooted to begin sending again. At first I thought it was something to do with a TouchProne 1in-3out passive splitter that I had on the midi output, but after removing that and connecting my synthesizer directly to the Deluge and repeating the process, the problem remained. I have repeated this several times with various midi configurations and it keeps happening.

Replicating the issue:

Connect an external synth that responds to midi clock, eg. to clock an arpeggiator, using the midi out port.
Press play on the deluge. Ensure the connected instrument is playing and receiving clock.
Leave running for 2-3 hours.

Eventually the MIDI clock freezes, and will not restart until I turn the Deluge off and back on.

And yes 2-3 hours is a long time :D but I make generative pieces that I leave running in the background while I work and this is harshing my vibe.

I'll continue to test that it's not equipment failure on my end and will update the post if so.

Post edited by esparks on
Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

interesting. if you aren't already on the latest stable firmware, you should update it and see if the issue persists. v3.1.5 can be found here: https://synthstrom.com/deluge-firmware-v3-1-5-released/
    if it does i can also check on the current beta version to see if anything has changed on that end.

esparksesparks AustraliaPosts: 7
    edited February 2022

@reza said:
    interesting. if you aren't already on the latest stable firmware, you should update it and see if the issue persists. v3.1.5 can be found here: https://synthstrom.com/deluge-firmware-v3-1-5-released/
    if it does i can also check on the current beta version to see if anything has changed on that end.

cheers, yes my apologies I am on 3.1.5, I'll update the OP

Post edited by esparks on