Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

monochrome /single color for tracks

2»

Comments

JsanJsan United KingdomPosts: 5

+1

TenebrousTenebrous EnglandPosts: 49

Actually perhaps one way to do this would be to complement the existing keys to change a tracks colour, with another key to change the variation in colours. You could wind it all the way down to 0 to have them all the same.

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

@muleskinner said:
    Yup, this and the fact that there's no way to loop a section of the arrangement still have me tearing my hair out. Doesn't stop me loving the Deluge though!

If you're OK with using a computer, I found that I had complete "transport" control of the Deluge arranger mode once it was MIDI synced to Reaper. I was able to jump directly to specific points in the arrangement, loop sections, etc via Reaper.

MaxOSMaxOS Los AngelesPosts: 50

+1 (soloing to find a track is a little bit annoying)

mjunkermjunker Posts: 16

+1

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

+1
    Good intentions are fine, but I think this thread speaks clearly. Let us have the option of solid colours for clips in song view. Please.

D_MapacheD_Mapache HamburgPosts: 4

+1

Elialehman1Elialehman1 United StatesPosts: 8

Yeah for real...where’s my drum? Where’s my lead...why do I have to be sober to jam? Jk but for real...need simpler color coding abilities since it’s the only track label available.

miklomiklo SwedenPosts: 3

+1 it's near impossible to separate synth tracks visually as it is now.

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

+1

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@Tenebrous said:
    Actually perhaps one way to do this would be to complement the existing keys to change a tracks colour, with another key to change the variation in colours. You could wind it all the way down to 0 to have them all the same.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Best of both worlds.

And added kudos for the JSW avatar!

The colour-coding thing actually does my head in most on the Deluge at the moment. I really, really want loop/cycle too but I kind of work round that by setting up shorter sequences and using copy/paste.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

supertwangsupertwang Austin, TXPosts: 11

I like the idea of scaling the color variation in a track, or dialing to zero for all the same color. Instead of scaling the existing rainbow (ie multi-hue) scheme, it might be the best of both worlds to be able to assign each track a HUE (ie green, blue, red, yellow), and show the pitch of the notes ( what is currently shown in rainbow-colors ) in the VALUE component of that fully saturated HSV color. At full scaling, on a green track, that'd give you full green for the lowest notes, proceeding through lighter and lighter (ie whiter and whiter, brighter/brighter) greens until full white at the highest notes. You could still dial the max change in color VALUE back to zero, and have single colored tracks, but in this mode you'd always at least have single-hued tracks. IE your green track would be shown as "Green-scale" (varying between green and white), your blue-hued track would be in "Blue-scale" (varying between blue and white. This way you could dial in the amount of pitch you'd like to see in your track preview, but always remember what is what based on the hue of the track. I'm sure there are some people who like the existing rainbow-shows-pitch track previews, so, just leave that as an option, but include the value-shows-pitch and the ability to set a hue for those of us with massive track counts who need that visual cue to keep our track stacks straight in our minds.

DekalboyDekalboy FranceBeta Tester Posts: 35
    edited August 2020

@supertwang said:
    I like the idea of scaling the color variation in a track, or dialing to zero for all the same color. Instead of scaling the existing rainbow (ie multi-hue) scheme, it might be the best of both worlds to be able to assign each track a HUE (ie green, blue, red, yellow), and show the pitch of the notes ( what is currently shown in rainbow-colors ) in the VALUE component of that fully saturated HSV color. At full scaling, on a green track, that'd give you full green for the lowest notes, proceeding through lighter and lighter (ie whiter and whiter, brighter/brighter) greens until full white at the highest notes. You could still dial the max change in color VALUE back to zero, and have single colored tracks, but in this mode you'd always at least have single-hued tracks. IE your green track would be shown as "Green-scale" (varying between green and white), your blue-hued track would be in "Blue-scale" (varying between blue and white. This way you could dial in the amount of pitch you'd like to see in your track preview, but always remember what is what based on the hue of the track. I'm sure there are some people who like the existing rainbow-shows-pitch track previews, so, just leave that as an option, but include the value-shows-pitch and the ability to set a hue for those of us with massive track counts who need that visual cue to keep our track stacks straight in our minds.

Yes ! .
    !

This is exactly what is needed to much more organize the song view and dedicate a colour for each instrument = blue for kick , pink for hi hat , yellow for bass and so on . In this way we could a real color code scheme in song view !.

Actually , we can already do this but only for AUDIO CLIPS , so I think it is extendable for other type of clips , and let a pitch visualization with different intensity of the same color .
    Please synthrom , make this a reality 🙏😁

Post edited by Dekalboy on
    FalxFalx Posts: 4

+1

kilroykilroy CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 25

Combining a couple of ideas above, here is a way this could fit easily into the existing user experience:

• Global parameter: COLOurs: STANdard, ROOT
    • The root color is taken from the root note of tone tracks (C3) and from the bottom most sample in kit tracks

• You can change the root colors using the existing features
    • Clip view remains unchanged in all cases

• Song and Arranger view show hues of the ROOT global param is set

I'd actually be fine with a solid color, but the hues are a nice touch.

If some people only want this applied to Arranger view, there could be three options: STANdard, ARRAnger, BOTH. I assume in all cases people would prefer the multi-color in clip view.

I can only find COLOr in PADS . But after entering COLO , can’t find ROOT....

LimboLimbo FrancePosts: 1

+1

N3roN3ro SwitzerlandPosts: 10

I've made a new post with a more complex variation to label individual tracks, please let me know what you think and upvote the suggestion if you agree!

forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/3258/labelling-tracks-in-song-mode-assign-custom-colors-to-single-pads-to-mark-the-track/p1?new=1

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
    edited February 2021

+1 for single color tracks.

It would be so helpful, even after playing for a while now, the current color coding still confuses me and quite often I spend too much time finding the right track.

I actually still don`t really understand the need of a different color for each pitch, at least not in Song view. What was the initial idea behind that?

Post edited by janbert on

Of course .
    Don’t understand why the deluge team do not react to this topic , seem to be so natural to enable the user to set this !
    But maybe they have think about that for a next update , anyone have infos ?

FnordFnord CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 21

Bumping this back up!

LightyearLightyear GermanyPosts: 28

+1

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

+1
    To set the resulting color in the song view is as good as monochrome colors - you can bring the colors nearly to what you want. And the same shortcut like in the clip is also still free.
    Over the whole octave range - the colors should not start again - not to have a color twice..

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

BUMP YES PLS +1

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
    edited May 2023

+1
    Never understood what's the benefit of having a color for each pitch in one track in song view.

Post edited by janbert on
    HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

@janbert said:
    +1
    Never understood what's the benefit of having a color for each pitch in one track in song view.

yes i didnt like that colorfull notes on each pitch

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Hey guys,
    I could manage to implement the shortcut of changing the row color in song view! :)
    This is amazingly quick for changing the color and see the resulting color of the clip row.
    If they accept my changes I`ll provide the current state of the firmware with all other changes from the other developers. Hope you like it! :)

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

+1