Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

out to fx box and back in as audio clips?

fairly new to the deluge (and frankly, production in general), and i'm trying to decide if this is a reasonable workflow or if there's a better way to do it -

basically, the deluge is the brain, sequencing a couple of external synths. this all feeds into a mixer that goes to an sp404. the sp404 goes back into the line in of the deluge.

the thought here is that i could take any individual track (external synth or onboard from the deluge), add an effect from the sp, and the bring it back to the deluge as an audio clip. for something onboard, this might be just to add an effect from an external piece of gear. for an external synth, it is more about being able to preserve that sound and then use the synth again on a different track.

is that... crazy? are there any pitfalls i'm missing?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

You would only be able to use this to record stuff into the deluge and do it with monitoring set to off. Otherwise you'll create a nasty feedback loop. So yeah, this is possible, but not for live playing but only for recording and then playing the recorded part from the deluge.

unfilterunfilter WisconsinPosts: 12

For sure :). Recording in this way is the goal, rather than live. Can you please explain more what you mean by turning monitoring off? I need the audio clip to be listening to STEREO. (Or another setting depending on the input source), or is that not true? Or am I misunderstanding and you are referring to something else?

unfilterunfilter WisconsinPosts: 12

@unfilter said:
    For sure :). Recording in this way is the goal, rather than live. Can you please explain more what you mean by turning monitoring off? I need the audio clip to be listening to STEREO. (Or another setting depending on the input source), or is that not true? Or am I misunderstanding and you are referring to something else?

oh wait - i think i understand. i explicitly need to NOT use the "." because then the THRU will create a loop :). Ok - excited to give this a shot :)