Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How dope would it be if the X-Y buttons are going to be for a crossfader in the future?

I don't know if they stated what its going to be used for....But imagine! Crossfade between 2 clips of your choosing.

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Sorry to disappoint you but it's for mpe controllers. With those, you can use the x and y dimension to modulate the sound.

kbrakbra Helsinki, FinlandBeta Tester Posts: 28
    edited February 2022

MPE controllers send standard MIDI CC messages though (just on multiple channels), so I guess if you have a MIDI fader that can be programmed to send specific multiple messages, I guess you could map X to master level in one clip and Y to inverse master level in another, and then make the fader controller send MIDI such that the end result does a crossfade. Wouldn't work on any controller though, as normally it'll send just one CC.

Edit: but wait, what if you mapped Y (CC 74 I think?) to affect the volume of one patch negatively, and other positively - wouldn't that do a crossfade? Not an equal power one of course, but at least a linear one.

Post edited by kbra on
    Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

It would make a lot of sense if the input to the X/Y could be learnable, and therefore apply to non-MPE controllers. In particular, we could use the mod wheel as an attenuated mod source :)

kbrakbra Helsinki, FinlandBeta Tester Posts: 28
    edited March 2022

I guess it would make even more sense to simply have parameter MIDI learn have amount of attenuation, so you could map any parameter to given CC input with given amount of fixed attenuation (eg. from -50 to 50 like the parameters).

Post edited by kbra on
    c0rneiliusc0rneilius BrisbaneBeta Tester Posts: 4

@kbra said:
    I guess it would make even more sense to simply have parameter MIDI learn have amount of attenuation, so you could map any parameter to given CC input with given amount of fixed attenuation (eg. from -50 to 50 like the parameters).

Like macros in Ableton/Massive. It would open the mod patching possibilities right up! Have 8 of them and map them to the 8 knobs of a midi controller.