Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Change default parameter values?

Hi! I’m looking to change the default parameter values. For example, I would like every kit to start with sample mode -> stretch and level -> 0. Is this possible?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

you can't change what values are default when making a new kit.
    however, you can kind of make a kit preset that has the settings you want. there's no way to make new sample rows added set to stretch by default, but you can make a kit with any random samples already loaded, set the level to 0 for each, and then when changing sample mode, scroll to stretch while holding affect all. save that preset to something you can recall easily with the keyboard (or by scrolling).

Thank you for the info! Although I would have preferred editing the default values the workaround you suggest is good enough.

What is the maximum number of rows a kit can have? I'm preparing a live set and have loaded around 10 sample loops in 5 kits, which is a total of 50 loops. I only have max 3 samples actually playing at each moment. Does muting offload the CPU? I don't want to run the risk of failure during the live set :)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There is no set maximum number of rows. But excessive unused rows can affect performance and cause voice dropping to occur. Muting will not necessarily help this.
    I do recommend deleting any rows you won’t be using for that particular song.

The CPU usage of unused rows is something that is being improved upon in the upcoming firmware as well :)

@Too_Mere said:
    There is no set maximum number of rows. But excessive unused rows can affect performance and cause voice dropping to occur. Muting will not necessarily help this.
    I do recommend deleting any rows you won’t be using for that particular song.

The CPU usage of unused rows is something that is being improved upon in the upcoming firmware as well :)

Thank you for the information! I haven't heard drop outs so far so I guess I'm within the margin :) Do you have any idea what excessive means when it comes to rows containing sample based loops with standard amounts of deluge-effects?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There are several factors at play. I believe larger/longer samples will eat up more CPU headroom. It also depends on the number of and types of effects used. The analog delay, for instance will tend to use more processing power.
    And of course the other instruments and audio clips used will affect the likelihood of dropouts.
    Every case is different. So I’d recommend experimenting with seeing what it can handle to find the limits.
    Also worth noting, you can set priority to low, med, or high for each kit row and instrument so in the event of dropouts, the less important voices will go before higher priority ones.