Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Updated guidebook firmware 4.0 ?

Hi folks!
I just wanted to ask if there will be an updated guidebook for the new firmware version 4.0 when it is out of beta mode?
I am asking because I was thinking about printing the pdf document but would wait for a new version if there will be one...

Thanks!

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

I will chime in and say I hope there will be! The official guidebook could use a good sweep over to have accurate page numbers and any errors fixed in addition to the 4.0 features being detailed out. I think someone mentioned how handy it would be if the table of contents had clickable 'links' to get to the chapter clicked on. I'll say that I'd be happy to help volunteer checking/calling out any issues if the need is there!

I believe I've heard some talk that it could be updated if the synthdawg ppl were interested and available, but can't remember for certain.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277
    edited February 2022

Would be nice to have it as a git repository so that the community can open issues or fix errors and make merge requests. I know of other companies that handle their documentations like that. Also wouldn't hurt to not only have it as a pdf but also as a kind of wiki to go through in the browser. Would be easier to read on mobile devices that way. Every major daw handles it like that. And frankly I think the deluge gets closer to daw territory than just some gear that you get an obligatory printed manual sent with it.
    Also, @Ian_Jorgensen don't be afraid to ask the community for help with stuff like that. :) There are some very capable individuals in the fam who have the heart and the spare time and would happily lend you a hand.

Post edited by Heptagen on
    GlynnGlynn UKPosts: 9

I was literally just pondering the same question as I will be with my new Deluge late March..came to the forum and this is the first thing I see.
    I will probably get the current/Synthdawg one printed but can hold off until mid March.. who knows maybe the update will arrive by then..
    but probably not 😁 definitely going to make use of parents laminator for the multitude of cheat sheets

SynthdawgSynthdawg YorkshireBeta Tester Posts: 4

The manual will be updated. I suggest if there are any spotted errors post here or feel free to email at info@synthdawg. Also feel free to feedback any additional suggestions. Can’t guarantee to include all ideas but certainly open to hear thoughts.

shiftelevenshifteleven CaliforniaPosts: 7

@Synthdawg said:
    The manual will be updated. I suggest if there are any spotted errors post here or feel free to email at info@synthdawg. Also feel free to feedback any additional suggestions. Can’t guarantee to include all ideas but certainly open to hear thoughts.

Nice. Thanks. Gotta say, the manual for this is pretty great, so glad it will get the 4.0 treatment.